Friday, January 04, 2013

Friday’s Letters

IMG_2036

Dear 2012, What a fantastic year! 2012 saw so many amazing things happen. I really thought nothing could top 2011 (the year we got married) but 2012 almost managed to do so. The year began with a trip to visit my parents in Key West, Florida during March Break. My husband and I are both teachers so we always have a week off in March. My parents decided that for Christmas, they would buy us tickets to go down and visit them for a week. Mom and Dad actually made the trek down to Key West from the East Coast of Canada. We had an absolutely fantastic week with them! It was so nice for my husband and I to spend time with both of them. We had a great time enjoying the nice weather, eating yummy suppers and playing some fun card games. Then in April, we were graced with the birth of our precious miracle niece, Molly. She was born prematurely and weighed-in at 2lbs. 1oz. She is now 9 months old and we love her very, very much. Following this, we enjoyed the weddings of my best friend as well as my brother. My best friend had been my Maid of Honor for my wedding in 2011 so it was awesome to do her the same honor this summer. The summer was filled with tons of pre-wedding related events that were tons of fun. September 1st, my brother married his best friend out in Red Deer, Alberta. My whole family flew out West for the big day. We had a great time touring around Calgary and Banff. It was the first time my husband saw the Mountains on the Alberta side so it was pretty special. Upon our return, my husband and I finally decided it was time to start a little family. We had enjoyed a fully year of marital bliss and knew that we were ready to have our family grow . Sure enough, I got pregnant immediately!!! I am beyond grateful that it was as easy as it was because I know it can be much more difficult for some. I also know how high the rate for miscarriages can be. I would like to say that I’m not scared but the thought does cross my mind from time to time that this could still be a possibility although I know the chances decrease significantly after 12 weeks so I am really hoping we are in the clear! I’m starting to get REALLY EXCITED because we get to find out if it is a GIRL or a BOY on January 30th. I know some prefer the surprise but hubby and I would like to be fully planned by the time the little one arrives. We’re thinking of throwing a gender reveal party sometime next month to share the news with all our family and friends. 2012 was pretty exciting but I have a feeling 2013 will bring tons of new adventures and excitement with Baby J!

Sheila xox

Ps. I’ve linked up with Ashley’s Friday Letters over on her blog The Sweet Season. First time entry! : )  

2 comments:

Brittany LeSueur said...

This is so fun! Congrats on being a mommy- to-be!! You guys are such a cute couple! That is so cool that you are both teachers! I would love to visit Alberta someday. Happy New Year! It is obviously sure to be great
. -new reader;)

Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

Sheila you are a total wordsmith girl! that's a fab letter and sounds like you two had a wonderful year. congrats on becoming a momma, that's the best news ever!!

i answered your q just now but thought you might miss it, here's what i said: "i just got a new camera for xmas and have fallen deeply in digital love with it. it's a Canon Rebel T4i and i also got a 50mm portrait lens which makes these amazing gaussian blur type bokeh's in the background. been playing with it non stop since i opened the package :)"

thanks for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment. your blog is filled with happiness/positivity plus connecting with fellow Canadians is always an awesome thing!

cheers and charms to a fab 2013! ♥

 

Johnston's Journal | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012